Click Here to jump to forms
Dear SCA Parents,
After a restful Christmas break, I am hoping that your family is settled back in the school routine. We are now officially closer to the end of the 2012-2013 school year than we are to the beginning, and it is time to bear down for the second half of the race. I am thrilled to report that we have more than twenty new students who joined the SCA family for this second semester. God is making great things happen at this school, and the word is getting out! Please take the opportunity to welcome our new families when you see them, and invite them to accompany you to a sporting event, the Middle School play, coffee at Starbucks, or your Bible study. I often say to students and parents alike, "It is supposed to be different here at Scottsdale Christian," and we all have a role to play in making our new families feel welcome.
Although it is only January, it is time again to focus on re-enrolling eligible SCA students and opening our doors to new enrollees for the 2013-2014 school year. Please allow me to address a few issues relative to the re-enrollment/enrollment process.
The online re-enrollment process begins today, January 18, 2013. The re-enrollment process will continue through Friday, February 8. All parents of returning students must complete and return re-enrollment forms. You can access the forms on the website, www.scottsdalechristian.org, through the Admissions tab, or you can pick up a hard copy in the school offices. As in past years, there is a fillable re-enrollment form available on the website; just remember to print it off and sign it before returning it to the school. At this point in time, you cannot submit the forms electronically.
In order to avoid any late re-enrollment fees (see online re-enrollment information), your re-enrollment forms must be received by SCA personnel by February 8, 2013. Since it is our desire not to assess late re-enrollment fees, please carefully read all pertinent re-enrollment information and respond accordingly.
In terms of tuition and fees, there are a few important updates to which I need to call your attention. The tuition has been raised by approximately 1.5% at all levels. This is a comparatively small percentage when one considers inflation and the rising costs of continuing to maintain facilities, provide competitive benefit packages to our employees, and serve the academic and spiritual needs of our families.
A few additional items of note related to student tuition issues are as follows:
- We continue to stay committed to finding ways to make your tuition figure be as "all inclusive" as it can be. This allows for the greatest opportunity to comprehensively plan and budget for school expenses. Remember also that tuition costs can be covered by STO dollars while other expenses may not. There are three important items of note in this area beginning with the 2013-2014 school year:
- In addition to the 1.5% general increase in tuition, we have raised the tuition at the Elementary School level by an additional $100, with the idea that the cost of all field trips, in and out of town, for grades PK-5 will be covered. Unforeseen changes in transportation costs and fees charged by the facilities we visit may result in additional costs for families, but we expect that cost to be minimal if necessary. This raise in tuition is not optional, nor is it refundable for a student who does not go on the trip for whatever reason.
- In addition to the 1.5% general increase in tuition, we have raised the tuition at the Middle School level by an additional $500, with the idea that the cost of the San Diego trip for 6th graders, the CIMI trip for 7th graders, and the AstroCamp trip for 8th graders will be covered. Unforeseen changes in transportation costs, lodging costs, or fees charged by the facilities may result in an additional cost to families, but we expect that cost to be minimal if necessary. This raise in tuition is not optional, nor is it refundable for a student who does not go on the trip for whatever reason.
- In addition to the 1.5% general increase in tuition, we have raised tuition by an additional $400 at the High School level, with the increase being directly applied to each student's Missions trip. The cost of Missions trips varies widely, and in many cases, additional funds will be required. In situations where a student elects to participate in a Mission trip that is less than $400 (i.e. the "in-town" Phoenix Mission) the difference between the actual cost and the $400 will be credited to the student's tuition account. This raise in tuition is not optional, nor is it refundable for a student who does not participate in a Mission trip for whatever reason.
- Additional tuition amounts for students requiring accommodative education services are in addition to the normal tuition amounts. These amounts for accommodative services have been provided in previous communications. This information is available to any SCA family by simply inquiring in any school-level office.
- We have more STO tuition assistance dollars available for the coming school year than ever before! Please attend one of our regularly scheduled informational meetings, or contact Lee Richardson at your earliest convenience to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to make a private Christian education more affordable.
- The Student Referral Program which began in 2009 is still operational. Participants in this program will receive compensation which can significantly reduce their own tuition costs through the referral (with subsequent enrollment) of new students to SCA. Please contact our Administrator of Admissions, Kathy Bruch, for details.
I hope all of this tuition information is helpful as you finalize your 2013-2014 school plans for your student(s). There are more school choices than ever before for families in Phoenix. You could find a less expensive option, a more expensive option, or even one that doesn't cost a dime. Each one could come up with a ten year plan for your child. At SCA, we are just concerned with their ten thousand year plan. What greater investment can be made for our children than providing a rock-solid education for them that is rooted in Biblical truth and delivered in love by men and women who know Christ as their Savior? "For God has given wisdom and much learning and joy to the person who is good in God's eyes." Eccles. 2:26.
Peter D. Laugen
LAST DAY TO SUBMIT FORMS IS FEBRUARY 8rd, 2013.
After this date we will begin to consider applications from families who currently do
not have students at SCA.
Re-enrollment Application Forms
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the Re-enrollment files. Click Here to download Adobe Reader.